Aug 16 – Senior Fraud Or Just Another Form Of Home Grown Terrorism
So how was your first week of August? OMG! Summer where the heck did it go?
Well this week I was asked to write on senior fraud. YES it is an issue. BUT – it’s also an internal form of terrorism.
What do I mean by that. Anything that makes you feel fearful to take action is terrorism – at least in my eyes. So how do you get around this – BE SMART! YOU DON’T HAVE TO STOP LIVING. YOU DON’T NEED TO BE AFRAID OF EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE. You just need a few simple rules – after you’ve read the ones I have jotted down, feel free to add some of your own:
- If you don’t know someone pass on their advice, or at least verify who he or she is, and what he or she does before you engage in a risky conversation. Do your homework before you jump in. YOU are the only person that has your best interests at heart!
- If someone phones you and asks you for money – get there number and tell him or her you will call them back. Then verify the number online in the yellow pages, white pages, 411 … to ensure it is the company that they said they were.
- Same goes here. “IF” you are lonely, and you end up chatting with someone on line – KNOW THIS – it’s a RED FLAG if they ask for money! NO MATTER HOW NICE THEY ARE – if they ask for money – it’s not you they like. It’s your George Washington’s. REALLY!!!!!!
- BUT if you do decide to give money don’t expect anything in return. If you are giving money consider it gone – it reduces the long-term pain when this kind, caring, loving person suddenly disappears.
- ALSO – If it sounds to go to be true – it is!!!!!!!! You only win the lottery if you buy a ticket!!!! AND if you are greedy enough to think someone left you a gazillion dollars, and all you have to do is give them a few thousand, and they will send it right over to you – GEEZE – serves you right!
As for credit cards – don’t worry – they have insurance, and you don’t have to pay.
Protect your passwords to your banking and anything of value – don’t send them online in an email or in a text message. If whatever, from whomever, you wish to purchase doesn’t have a secure payment system – DON’T BUY – PayPal is safe, as are others – you research the others.
If someone steals your identity – YOU SHOULD KNOW – pay attention to your stuff. If you aren’t paying attention that’s your problem – be accountable to you. That said, it’s likely not the end of the world – because there are SOME laws to protect consumers against fraud – but NOW the guys collecting a check from selling you on this fear that you need to buy fraud protection – well that’s a different story.
It can be a vicious cycle. If you don’t jump in you will be better of. Life is what WE make of it – stay aware of your surroundings. Trust the minds in your heart and gut – you can trust them way more than that treacherous thing between your ears. Buying into this fear and that fear robs you of living life.
I don’t know about you, but my clock is ticking, and I’ll be damned if I’m going to allow fears into my life that will stop me from living – BECAUSE if I’m not living – I’m dying, and I ain’t quite ready for that just yet!
On a side note if any of you women living in the Calgary area looking to better understand their passion and purpose here’s a workshop that just might be what you are looking for: www.we-flourish.org
Next week I have no idea haha, but it’ll be a good’n!!!
Wishing you an amazing Second Fifty!
Your Second Fifty & Play at Creation
PS – Please share the FREE movie, and do your part in helping other’s to live an amazing second fifty! www.yoursecondfifty.com